Monday, May 30, 2011

Catching up

I'm sorry for neglecting you blog.

First, my new job is still pretty awesome. Fridays during the summer season we shut down at 4 and since this past weekend was right before a holiday most people cleared out of work early so I was able to catch a 4pm train home and I was home for 5...on a Friday...amazing I tell you. I keep thanking God for this job. It really is a blessing and it's so wonderful working for a company that cares about a work life balance. It makes me want to work hard for them and it makes me want to stay.

My husband just got back from Florida on Friday as well which was kind of nice. It's always nice to have him home again.

So here's an ongoing argument we've been having-his being inconsiderate. Many a time, he's not had his phone on him, he looses track of time and I am sitting at home waiting for him and often. I haven't eaten because I am waiting for him because we have plans to go out when he gets home (or I don't want to eat without him because he'll complain there's nothing to eat). His argument is that he didn't have his phone and had no idea what time is was.

Case in point this weekend: Sunday he volunteered to help a friend move at 9am. We were going to go to a party at 2pm so that was fine. 1pm rolls around so I start getting ready, putting on suntan lotion and waiting for husband to get home. 2pm rolls around, he's not home so I send him a message asking when he'll be home. 3pm comes and goes and then a little after 4 I finally hear from him. Now I'm pretty annoyed and while he says he's sorry this isn't the first time he's done this. Now, do I expect him to be at my beck and call at all times, no? Do I expect him to be aware of the time at some point in the afternoon and call me to let me know when he's going to be home? Yes. He doesn't get this. He said he never thought to check what time it was. I think this is terribly inconsiderate of him. Since the party was a  BBQ, I expected to be eating lunch there and didn't eat at home (there was also really nothing to eat in the house). So, who's right and who's wrong? Am I wrong in thinking at some point he should check what time it is in the middle of the afternoon?  The only thing we've been able to agree on right now is if I can't reach him, eat and it's his own problem to figure things out for himself.

For the record, we went to the party afterwards, there really wasn't much food but I did have something and we had to stop for dinner around 9 when we left the party. 

June is looking to be a pretty busy month. Next weekend we're going to a soccer game at a stadium, the 16th is our friend's annual party followed by Father's Day the next day and the 25th is an engagement party.

I'm very happy that the warmer weather has finally arrived. I love wearing skirts and dresses and the warmer weather means I can finally break mine out for work and the weekends. I even went out and bought a couple new dresses at Target and Old Navy. So now I have some more cute things for work. Can't figure out how to post things from Target's website, but it's the Mossimo Kimono dress in black and purple. Since they are a little low cut in front I have some second base tops to wear underneath for coverage. I have four of these (white, black, cream and green) and I love them. They've made it possible to wear some of the lower cut stuff out in the market and make them totally work appropriate.

Also bought this in white and blue from Old Navy:


This I wore yesterday with the skirt above in navy blue with a tank top. I was cool and comfy in the afternoon and pretty covered from the sun. 




I also bought this to go with some skirts I have. I figure it can go with some of my long and mid-length skirts. I want a couple more...I think.



Happy Memorial Day and start of summer!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Old Navy? I'm a big fan of their bathing suits and (obviously) baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love/hate relationship with Old Navy. Sometimes I find nothing, other times I find lots of good stuff. Right now, we're in love :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting to think this is a pathological "guy problem." My boyfriend is ALWAYS late, always slowing me down. He usually checks his phone but he is s-l-o-w and doesn't seem to care if he's hours late to something. Anyway, hi! I saw your comment about not liking your old job on Marriage Confessions and thought I'd stop by because I'm sort of in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete