I've been at my new job over a week now and it's still awesome. My husband keeps joking he's waiting for me to tell him something bad about my work.
I've started keeping track of all my food. First, writing down everything you eat in a day can be a little scary to actually see what you are consuming. Second, it's amazing how fast calories can add up when you aren't paying attention. As a way to try and incorporate more veggies in my diet, I've started "hiding" them. For instance, I hate carrots. However, I've started including shredded carrots in my salads. When mixed with lettuce, peppers and celery, I can't taste them. Same thing with baby spinach.
I'm kind of in love with the show Extreme Couponing. I think it's a little weird to buy 30 deodorants in one order or have a stock pile of 5 years worth of toilet paper, I give them a lot of credit for that kind of dedication. Then again, I can't imagine spending 30 hrs a week prepping for a shopping trip. If I could find a way to spend about a fifth of that time and save more money off my bill, I'd be happy. I'm just not good at matching sales with the coupons and I also don't have some of the cheaper grocery stores in my area.
The Tastefully Simple party last week was awesome. I picked up a number of great, fun foods to make for entertaining.
Last week one of my friends participated in an awesome program called couch surfing. He hosted a guy from Australia for a week. He's been traveling around only having to pay for his travel expense but free place to sleep. So "surfing" from couch to couch. I think he's here in the States until June and then he has to go home and get a new Visa. He's braver than I am.
This weekend my momma is coming up to see me on Sunday to spend time together for Mother's Day. Since we have no kids, I see my mom for Mother's Day and hubby sees his. And since I have no plans for Saturday yet, I can spend the day cleaning. I love my mom but I really hate when she criticizes my house keeping skills. I shouldn't let it get to me but I do. I may be 28, but I still feel like a little kid when she says stuff. Le sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment