Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mid Week Review

So, it's Wednesday.

Saturday at the salon didn't go exactly as planned. I went in with roots down to my ears and walked out with brassy blonde/copper highlights. Half the time I look at myself in the mirror it looks like my hair is grey. I have darker brown hair and my highlights kind of look like the color of copper pipes. Some of the people at work like it and think it's light & summery. I do not happen to agree. Sometimes I think maybe it's just me and I'll get use to it and then I look in the mirror a second time. Anyway, Saturday I'm going back to have a toner applied to fix the problem. I'm not entirely sure I'll be going back there again when I need to get my "fall" color done, not without a picture anyway.

There's a slight chance I may be headed to GA in July. Our corporate headquarters is down there and they are putting together a new hire orientation. I'm sure Atlanta will be pretty hot in July but I'm still excited about the prospect of going. I've never been to GA before, unless you count flying through the airport. I'm also going to attend a week long class in August in Boston that work's paying for.
 
Meal planning the last week and a half has been working out nicely. It's nice not worrying about what I'm going to cook when I get home.Saves the old conversation/argument "what do you want for dinner" "I dunno, what do you want?"

You know what show I really love, still? I Love Lucy. I've seen every episode, at least a dozen times and yet, I still laugh at the same jokes.

And here's an odd admission, after living on a really small budget for 5 years, it was actually harder to budget myself when I started making more money. Sure, it's been nice finally to spend some money on myself but it's almost been too much. Crazy, eh? So I've started adding more to our house account (one of my list of things to do this year) and still giving myself more than I had before. Pretty good compromise if I do say so myself.

I'm starting to miss spending time with my sister again. We're 8 years apart in age and technically half sisters so we didn't grow up in the same house. Just when I start to think things are getting better, something happens and I feel like we're slipping apart again. I keep asking her about getting together on the weekends and she never reciprocates. I've asked her twice now to let me know when she has a free weekend so we can do lunch and she's yet to say that she will. I understand that during the summer, weekends tend to fill up pretty quickly so I don't think she's intentionally blow me off but I wish she would want to hang out with me. And it's not that she doesn't like me, she does...it's just that I'm always asking to see her and not the other way around. I wish I knew how to talk to her about this...but I don't know how. That's always been a problem, for as long as I can remember really. We don't have a whole heck of a lot in common, so maybe that's why, but I'm also my niece's godmother. I don't think she'd not let me see her but I'd like to have a relationship with my sister.


1 comment: