The mariachi band was awesome but our group didn't win top prize for the best team. We didn't even get one of the top 3 which was a little disappointing but overall the party was pretty awesome.
Christmas this year was really nice. Among some other small things, I got a remote car starter, a crock pot cookbook (which I can't wait to start using!) and a cookie press kit that will put words on cookies. So many possibilities! Plus I always enjoy spending Christmas with my family. My niece is now a little over 2 so she's really able to enjoy Christmas this year.
In all the years I have been working, I've never exchanged gifts with my co-workers so I didn't budget any money towards gifts for any of them. Well come Christmas week, I found a bottle of wine on my desk one morning, a gift card from my boss and a cute little ceramic sheep from the girl I share an office with. I felt like a giant jerk not getting anyone anything. But at least now I know for next year.
I read 101 books this year. I had set a goal for 100 so I just made it under the wire. Most of the books came from the library because there's no way I could have bought all these books. That and some of them were just crap so I would have felt like I wasted money owning them. Also, my house couldn't hold all the books. I still haven't come around to a e-book reader. My library is starting to get a better selection so maybe some time.
I'm waiting for the day when I can relax a little and stop comparing myself to other people. I'm hoping in the new year I can learn to relax. I think that will be next year's new years resolution.
I want the car started and cookbook! I hope you'll share some recipes
ReplyDeleteI love that you read 101 books - what a perfect number!
ReplyDelete