Monday, February 13, 2012

A dilemma

So I've got an interesting dilemma. Back when I was interviewing for my job, one of the guys who interviewed me was telling me all about the culture of the company and happened to mention in passing that bonuses weren't that much but they did get bonuses. Truth be told I didn't really care because I was so desperate to get out of my job that as long as my salary was more, bonuses weren't a priority to me. Fast forward a year and at my review my boss was discussing the bonus pool, he didn't know what it was going to be but he thought it might not be much. So I set my standards pretty low but I figured what ever I was given would be fine.

Well, my bosses idea of not much and mine are two completely different things. My bonus is 2-3x as much as any previous bonus I have received and he told me he wanted to get me more and he hoped it was acceptable but my bonus was also pro-rated since I started in April. My husband and I have decided to save at least half and spend half. Actually, when I told him how much I would be receiving he jokingly asked "so what are we going to do with your bonus" and I promptly responded "we're spending some on a vacation". We've been taking about it for so long and now we finally can go and we need it. 

So here comes the dilemma-my husband and I haven't been on a real vacation in over 3 years, our honeymoon to be exact. We've done weekend trips but that's about it. We have no idea where to go. I don't want to spend more than $1,000 for a flight and hotel (per person). We don't care where we go but we've been to DC so that's out and Disney was where our honeymoon was. We also don't have any restrictions as to when we go. You would think this much freedom to making plans would be helpful but it's not. So any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment