Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday brain dump

This year I turn 30 and thanks to one of my favorite bloggers, Katie @ marriageconfessions I have started to think about my next decade. I've been thinking a lot about my job and my career and what I want to be doing. I like my job, I like pleasing people and I like making people happy. The company I work for is fantastic and I work with some great people. I've started thinking about where I want to be and how I want to grow in my career.

I work in finance and the career path for company means meeting with clients and building relationships. This seems great to me however, I don't have a feeling for the market, watching performance, or crunching the numbers. This is a being piece of the job being an investment manager.

What do I love? I love cooking a great meal or baking something awesome and people telling me I did a great job. That makes me happy. We went on vacation this past weekend and I woke up early to make breakfast for all the skiers/snowboarders before they hit the slopes in the morning. Why, because making pancakes and hearing people tell me "Jenn, these are fantastic" makes me truly happy. I'm a pretty picky eater so I could never be a chef. I'm really good at following a recipe but not so much knowing what flavors go together. But how do you combine a love for making people happy, building relationships with people/families and creating great meals that make people say "wow"? Can you even do that? I can't quit my job and be a stay at home wife so that option is out. I pray occasionally for some sort of direction but at the same I'm quite happy that I at least can get up in the morning and say I go to a job I like.

So where do I go from here? I don't know. I just have to get up, go to work and wait for something to hit me and say "do this".

No comments:

Post a Comment