Hello poor neglected blog!
Not too much new to report. The warm weather last week was fantastic! I got to wear skirts/dresses 3 days last week. I've missed feeling girlie and feminine. Although I have wore tights under my dresses on the days when it's not too freezing. I'm also looking forward to the summer because we have a horseshoe pit in the back and people have said they like coming over and playing so I think on Fridays we are just going to send out emails and say "hey, come over and play". No need to plan a big party, we can just feed people with beer and chips.
Babies are everywhere in our circle. One friend had a baby a month ago, one is due in June and a third just announced her pregnancy last week. A fourth friend of mine is due in 6 weeks. Husband has been starting to ask me when we are going to have kids. I think I am finally getting ready. My biggest hang up has really been affording them. And yes, I know if you wait until you can afford them you never will but at the same time, I can't fathom how we'll come up with the money for daycare. Husband says he spends more money than he really needs to and he can easily come up with what we need. So we'll see.
My friend who just had her baby is the type of mom I want to be someday. Her life hasn't changed much since the baby. Every year she does a St Patty Day dinner-still hosted it with a two week old. They go out to dinner with us and just bring the baby with them. It's kind of nice actually.
So I downloaded Draw Something. Very addicting game but playing with people who don't respond is getting annoying. Especially when people say they are addicted to the game. Arg! Also, my index finger nail is kind of long making it hard to draw.
And now for something blasphemous, I read Hunger Games and I wasn't that impressed. Yes, I know-the girl who read a lot. But while the book was good, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else who has read the book has been. I still want to see the movie because visually it looks amazing but the story line itself is just kind of eh.
And finally-so glad Mad Men is back on
No comments:
Post a Comment