So what's been going on...
We're working on refinancing the house, which is kind of a pain. We didn't appraise for as high as we'd like and we're disputing it but I'd be kind of nice to drop our rate and lower our payments. The house is all decorated for all and now I have to work on Halloween. I have a tote sitting in my basement waiting for me.
Pregnancy is running through my office. Two people have had babies, One girl is due in November, my boss is having a baby in December and yesterday the other girl in my group just announced she's pregnant with baby #2 and due in April. My boss actually never told me his wife was pregnant, he just let it slip over lunch one day in the lunchroom with everyone. Now, I don't expect him to tell me everything about his life but don't you think something like that is big news you should share with the people on your team? Maybe I'm the weird one. The other girl in my group told our boss some time before she sent a mass email to people in the company announcing her pregnancy. I told my husband (and one of my co-workers) jokingly that when I get pregnant I'm just not going to say anything until...oh 5-6 months later. My husband thinks I'm weird, my worker thinks I'm brilliant.
Speaking of work, it's still problematic. People are still complaining to my boss about me and it's tough very tough. I take everything to heart so people not trusting me is problematic. Some of them are legitimate gripes (typos that go out to clients), some of them are stupid (catching me playing with my phone). People think I'm getting distracted by the internet at work (no, music actually helps me keep focused). It's frustrating to say the least. Part of me wants to leave because there's not much I can do to convince people I know what I am doing and part of me really likes the company and most of the people I work with. I have started looking a little here and there for places closer to home though.
I finally got with the times and I have a Kindle! I won it online. I have already bought a few books and a case. But I am also still reading physical books, I picked up 5 between yesterday and today. It's funny, I had one book on my request list and when I went into the library tonight to pick up another book that was on the list, the other book was sitting there on the shelf so a grabbed it up. So many books to read...
I also can't believe we've also reached October already, the year is flying by but the older I get, the faster the time goes I swear.
Ugh, that whole work situation sounds crappy. I'm sorry. I hope it's gotten better! And congrats on the kindle. I've considered it, but am just too attached to physically turning down corners!
ReplyDeleteWe demand a Kindle update! Also, rest of life update!
ReplyDelete