Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Popular

Every few months I become "popular". Right now I have two companies interested in me. I go through dry spells where I will apply for several jobs and not get one bite and then every once in a while I'll get more than one response. I had one interview last week and a second interview yesterday. The location is pretty perfect in downtown. The other job would be a pretty big change from the field I work in (finance) and would be in executive education. But I am not so sure of the location and they are doing rounds of interviews so getting away from work would be very difficult. So I have my fingers lightly crossed that the job I had a second interview for works out. I'll find out Friday or Monday. Sometimes I think looking for a new job would be easier if I didn't already have a job, at least when it comes to scheduling interviews. However, I have gotten use to that thing called a paycheck so...

Work is starting a flex schedule arrangement that is going to allow me to work from home twice a month. Better than nothing right? Certainly will be a short commute to work on those day ;-)

Ever since we bought our house, or just about, my husband has been wanting to put a couch in our office. The office chair isn't exactly comfortable fornwhen he wants to play video games or watch movies. I've been trying to build up our savings and cut back on unnecessary purchases and I view a couch as one of those things. At first he wanted to take the chair from our bedroom down which I vetoed because I liked a little sitting area in our room. Our bedroom is kind of big and having a chair makes it feel cozy. Then he wanted to move the futon from our den into the room. The futon is a pain to take a part and aside from the bookcase, it's the only piece of furniture in the room. The argument generally goes away but it always comes back. Finally he got really irritated with me because he didn't want to have to go watch TV in our bedroom when he wanted to lie down and he stormed up to our bedroom.

Now personally, I thought this was a little ridiculous. We have a comfy bed and a TV in our room. The TV in the office is tiny and really we don't need any more furniture. However, we are married now and marriage means compromise (that and I was tired of the circular argument). I was due to get a bonus from work so I told him I would look on Craigslist for something. If I could get something decent and cheap (read under $125), I would buy it if he could find a way to get it home. The couch had to fit comfortably in the room because the room isn't exactly spacious as it is. I found a couch with a sleeper sofa for $100. So the desk has now been rearranged and all of our bedrooms technically have a bed in them. It's not an ugly couch and I do like the way the desk is now situated so it's all for the best.

My husband has been trying to get me into some of the sports he likes. I like baseball, he likes almost everything else. So we're going to a soccer game this weekend because he's bound and determined to get me into some sport he enjoys. Good thing he's cute and handy to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment