Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A case of laziness

The past few weeks I been a little lazy when it comes to the housework. Dishes started piling up in the sink and on the counters but at the same time because of our schedules lately I hadn't been cooking for both of us as much. We also have been busy on the weekends this past month which didn't help. I just didn't realize how bad I had gotten until I went to empty the dishwasher last week and I noticed I was putting away glasses we drank out of at our Super Bowl party. Needless to say, Saturday I am looking forward to giving the house a good deep cleaning. Never thought there would be a day when I would look forward to cleaning.

Next week I have the entire week off as a vacation week. Bliss! It'll be nice to pretend to be a housewife for the week. Husband and I and 8 of our friends are going to Vermont next Friday for a weekend trip. One of the friends in the group has a condo at one of the mountains. It'll be nice to spend a good weekend with good people.

Last weekend I went home to spend some time with my parents. I also dropped off the paperwork for my mom to do our taxes. Next year I'll try and do it myself, seeing as how I am a grownup after all. Looking forward to getting our refund and fixing up our bathroom. I want to take down the wallpaper and paint the room, replace the blinds and get a new shower curtain. Apparently my husband didn't realize I had been waiting on getting a new shower curtain until we painted the room. I also want to buy a few more hand towels and nice big shower towels. The rest will be savings.

Last Friday husband surprised me by getting me new windshield wipers for my car. I had been meaning to pick some up during the week but I kept putting it off. My husband was a Target during his lunch break and bought them for me. The romantic gestures in marriage :-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment