Tomorrow is my last day in the office and I am beyond excited at this point. Although people coming to my desk everyday and saying "three more days", "two more days", etc is getting a little old. Things I am most looking forward to:
An extra hour of sleep every night. I've been running on an average of 5.5 hrs a night, hence a nap on the way home.
Seeing the sun up when I get up, rather than watching the sun rise and getting up when it's still dark out. It's tough getting up when you go to bed when it's dark out and it still looks like night time when the alarm goes off.
Not answering the phones all day long. I get real tired of talking to people after a while and often yell at the phone "stop ringing!" but since it's an inanimate object it doesn't listen very well.
Being in the city again. I love Boston, even in the summer with all the tourists. I'll also be in walking distance to shopping and Fanuel Hall.
More options for lunch and things to do on my lunch break. I'll get a whole hour off for lunch.
Since I won't have the option of driving to work anymore, no traffic and saving money on gas. See? Getting a new job means I am also helping the environment. I'm expecting a thank you note from Mother Nature any day now.
Getting to spend more time with the hubs at night. Although he did ask "did anyone ask how I feel about that?" lol
Having more time to spend with friends after work. Most of my friends either work in the city or live close enough that meeting up with be much easier.
Being a happier person in general
Possibly getting a pet. When I told my husband I got a new job he said "Congrats!" followed by "Can we get a dog?"
A new adventure and the chance to meet new people at work
The adventure starts Monday! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment