Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bliss

It's only been two days at my new job but already I love it. First, getting to sleep the extra hour in the morning is awesome. Second, instead of cube land, I share an office with someone. Also, being on the top floor of the building means I get a great view of the city (usually, the last two days have been foggy). Waiting for me in my office the first day, I already had a desk, computer and working email; today I got access to the systems I need. Talk about fast!

Summer attire starts early this year-next week in fact which means we are business casual which means I don't need to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes. So even though I complained that I felt the casual clothes made my last job too casual, I don't think that here. I can already tell the culture of the office is dramatically different than where I am coming from. I don't feel like a cog in a machine. Everyone wants to put in the effort and do a good job because everyone feels like they matter.   Also, everyone around me seems to feel this is a great company to work for which is nice. Sure, they could be lying to me but I doubt it.  Starting Memorial Day through Labor Day, Friday's the office shuts down at 4 pm. Fantastic benefit. I'm blissfully happy at this point and it's a great feeling.

Today I squeezed myself into pants that were way too tight but unfortunately I had nothing else so during my lunch break I went to Macys which was a 10 minute walk from the office and I bought new ones. I felt much more comfortable after that. Shopping on my lunch hour will not be a regular thing however.

Easter was good this year, Holy Week I sang at church on Thursday, Friday and Saturday for the Easter Vigil. I knew the mass was longer for the Easter Vigil but I didn't realize how much longer church was until I got to my car and saw it was 3 hrs after I got there. Easter Sunday was a nice lunch out with my parents and spending a little time with my family.

This Friday is Girl's Night at home at one of my girlfriend's house. It's a Simply  Tasteful Party. Yum! Kind of a fun way to end my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment