Today is our 3 year anniversary and we've also been together for 9 years today. Having one anniversary is kind of convenient in that sense. Fall is my favorite season and we had a perfect fall day. It wasn't too cold which is kind of amazing for November.
Unlike tradition dictates, we didn't keep our top layer frozen. We ate it when we got back from our honeymoon and just kept a slice. It too was never eaten and is still sitting in our freezer.
When we met in college, I knew the moment I saw him that I wanted to date him. We were friends for a couple months first before our first kiss. That's kind of how we've been counting our first date since I went to a party where there was a specific intention to get us together. From the beginning our dates weren't all that typical. The night after our first kiss, I went back over to his place and since neither one of us wanted the other to leave, I spent the night (fully clothed mind you). Most of our weekends our sophomore year of college was spent in my dorm because I really didn't have a roommate.
The day he proposed I was genuinely surprised. Yes, we knew we both wanted to marry each other but we'd been talking about it for so long that when he actually proposed I said "are you serious". Eventually I said yes. And since I always wanted a fall wedding because the rich colors are just gorgeous, when I saw our dating anniversary fell on a Saturday, DH liked the idea. The decision that actually took the longest was our first dance song, our honeymoon spot was chosen before we picked a date. And since I'm a pretty big klutz I had to practice walking in heels around our apartment. I still can't walk really well in heels but I didn't fall down that day so that's a plus.
Can't wait to see where this next year takes us
No comments:
Post a Comment