To be technical, Boston you're where I work. I love working in the city. Commuting in has it's drawbacks of course. I leave my house at 6:30 in the morning and I don't get back home again until 6 or 7 at night (depends on the train I take). But the city is kind of fun and weird.
Earlier this week, as I was walking out of the station and towards my work there was someone video taping feet as we walked by. Absolutely no idea why and I didn't stop to ask. There is a guy who sells fruit out of boxes and he shouts to anyone who will listen about the fact that he can't have a stand. Some of the protesters from Occupy Boston were kind of fun too. The guy protesting the war everyday-annoying.
There are also the food trucks that serve anything from BBQ to cupcakes. It's also just a nice place to go walking around during lunch with all the shops we've got. It's also good for me because I can walk to the hospital where all my doctors are which means I take a slightly longer lunch break and go back to work afterwards.
After awhile you get use to people protesting or handing out flyers. But you do get free food and drink samples occasionally. Last year I tried humus for the first time and now I am a buyer for life. I love the stuff.
You also learn pretty quickly to ignore some of the homeless people. I am not completely heartless. I only get really annoyed with people shouting at people. I had a gift card in my wallet for Dunkin Donuts and since I already had my own auto-refilled one, I had no use for it. There is one woman who sits quietly with her sign so I gave the money to her. She doesn't bother people, she doesn't harass anyone and she gave me a genuine thank you when I gave her the gift card. Now, the guy who goes walking through the trains themselves, with a different story each week as to why he needs train fare and then starts crocodile tears when people don't pay attention to him, him I ignore.
All & all I do feel lucky that I get to work in a pretty awesome place even if it takes me awhile to get there. I don't have to sit in bumper to bumper traffic, just have to sit near the occasional loud person or the guy who snores. Attractive men in suits don't hurt either.
No comments:
Post a Comment