Friday, June 8, 2012

Summertime

I'm definitely digging the summer hours in my office. On Friday's we shut down at 4 so tonight I got home at the same time I am usually boarding my train to come home.

For as much as I read, I've never read anything by Steven King. Well yesterday I started my first book of his. Granted it's not one of his spooky books but I am loving it so far. It's 11/22/63-the date JFK was assassinated. It's about a man who is discovers he is able to travel back in time and decided to try and stop Lee Harvey Oswalt. I've read almost 400 pages so far and I can't wait to read what happens. It's over 850 pages so when I finish it it'll be the longest book I have ever read.

I broke my nail pretty far down yesterday to the point where it bled a little. Thankfully my husband drinks tea because apparently the best way to patch it until the nail grows is a piece of the tea bag itself, covered in nail polish.

Last weekend I made a lemonade pie. When I first glanced at the recipe it called for half a can of frozen lemonade concentrate so I thought that I would just double the recipe and make two pies. Nope, one recipe makes two pies so doubling it made 4 pies. Needless to say, we have a lot of pie in my house. I know people say you can never have too much pie, but I think they may be wrong.

Also, Dawson's Creek is on Netflix streaming. I've been slowly making my way through all the seasons and reverting back to being a teenager. It almost makes me wish I was back in high school except for the fact that my high school experience was nothing like theirs.

Does anyone else make their own candles from the leftover wax or is that just taking frugality to an extreme? When I see a bunch of wax left over from a really yummy scented candle I hate to throw it away so I melt it down and put it in a smaller sampler size candle holder. I even have a package of wicks to put in them so I can burn them. This is about as crafty as I get folks.


1 comment:

  1. omg the nail thing makes me cringe! :( I hate that - I think that's one of the more painful things. I started watching One Tree Hill on Netflix streaming - obsessed!

    ReplyDelete