Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18

It took me all of 4 days but I finished the Stephen King novel and I loved it. Last night, while waiting for my husband's shoulder to get checked out at the hospital he glanced over at me reading. I had grabbed a light, fluffy chic-lit book before we left the house, so I was breezing through it pretty quickly. After about 2.5 hrs I read through all 350 pages and he called me a freak :-).


In an attempt to do more couple things, I went to see a soccer game on Saturday night with the husband. I'm still not a soccer freak like he is, but it's fun to go.

I realized the other day that I don't have one best friend. I have several friends but I don't have that one best friend that I can call all the time or that I hang out with all the time. I think the last time I had one was back in middle school. My mom had her best friend for almost 30 years and she was just like family to us. I see older couple all the time hanging out in pairs and you can tell they've been friends for years. I'm definitely a little jealous of these people. I'm not sure if it's just my personality or what. My group of friends tend to hang out in big groups. It's pretty rare to hang out as just one or two couples. I don't know if we just need to branch out and start being more sociable in smaller groups or what. But whose to say what really defines a best friend?

So it looks like our trip this summer will be to Puerto Rico. Neither one of us has been, it's off season, not too warm, reasonably priced and you don't need a passport to go. A win all around. I'm looking forward to getting away, even if it's just for 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment