I'm a big time planner, sometimes to the point it drives my husband a little nutty. Up until a few months ago I would sit down and plan out my expenses month by month. Sometimes if I had a bigger expense coming up I would include this in my little notebook. This would give me the amount of money I could spend on a weekly basis in order to have enough money to pay for stuff. Inevitably this would also leave me depressed when i would see I couldn't spend any money for a couple weeks. I've now upgraded to using Excel. I tried using mint.com once to try and track our household spending and see where we could cut back but honestly it's just easier to use a calculator.
I also kind of enjoy checklist for planning parties. I'll write up the recipes I plan on making with the ingredients and measurements I need. It makes shopping a lot easier even if my husband looks at me funny as I check each ingredient off. He may think I'm a little strange but it gets the job done. He leaves most things like that to my domain so as long as the job gets done, the method doesn't matter as much. One of the many reasons we compliment each other so well.
No comments:
Post a Comment