This weekend away was perfect, blissful and just what we both needed. It was so nice to just get away from everyone and everything for a few days. I came back renewed and refreshed and while I still don't like my job, I didn't dread it nearly as much as I usually do on Sunday nights.
We left Friday night after work and checked in and essentially went straight to bed. We got up Saturday morning and packed up. My husband hit the slopes and I hit the lodge. I had internet access, movies and a comfy couch to sit on. Around noon we met for lunch and after I went back to our room to nap. We went out to dinner that night at one of the favorite local restaurants. Being in between towns, the roads weren't lit very well so it was slow going because we couldn't see more than 10 feet in front of us.
The next day we went had a fantastic breakfast at the bigger hotel in the ski area. It was a buffet and they had fruits, bacon, sausage, bagels and a Belgian waffle & omelet station. It was all so yummy! We went out driving to one of the nearby towns and just spent the day doing a little sightseeing and shopping. Being daytime, we were able to really take in how beautiful it was up there. I just kept saying wow over and over again. It's amazing where a three hour drive can take you. We did a little snow tubing that night and then did dinner out before returning home.
Monday, we had to return home but not before doing a little cross country skiing. We got home early enough to do a little laundry and still relax before preparing for work today. We're already talking about our next weekend vacation this summer with another couple friend of ours. It wasn't a very long vacation nor was it a very far trip away but it was just what we both needed to renew our relationship.
No comments:
Post a Comment