New England ended up being hotter than it was in Atlanta. We only had temps in the lower 90s all week and the humidity wasn't bad. Just ask my curly hair :-). When we landed in Logan, the pilot said the temperature outside was 102. You could hear a collective groan in the plane.
Work put us up at the Four Seasons. I have a feeling unless I travel again for work, this will be my last stay in a Four Seasons. They were fantastic though. Every morning they came and cleaned the room and at night they turned down my bed, closed the blinds and dimmed the light on my alarm clock. The room also came with a DVD player which meant I didn't have to watch movies off my laptop. The bathroom had both a stand alone glass shower and a separate tub. The bathroom in the hotel was bigger than my bathroom in my own house.
The food was pretty fantastic too, most of the time anyway. We went to Empire Street South one night for dinner and the menu was pretty funky. It was Hugh Achenson's restaurant. If you watched Top Chef masters this past season, he was the tall guy with a uni-brow who looked like a muppet. The group I went with order appetizers like rabbit liver, sweetbreads, picked beets and boiled peanut humus. I'm not a very adventurous eater so I just stuck with roast pork for dinner. I also was able to enjoy chicken and biscuits for breakfast and authentic fried chicken one night as well. That's my idea of southern cuisine.
All this heat has been upping my migraines. I'm trying to stay hydrated as much as I can but it only helps so much. I much prefer lemonade to just plain water. The fact that we don't have central air and just two wall units (one in our bedroom and one in the office) isn't helping with all the heat either. I love my summer dresses but I hate what the heat does to the house. I miss my hotel room.
No comments:
Post a Comment