Instead of working this week, I'm "away" at school taking a week long class. And by away I mean I can see my building from my dorm room. That's right, not only am I going to class for a week but I am staying in a dorm with roommates. I have a 4 bedroom suite for a week. It's got a kitchen, two bathrooms and a living area. So far I have met one of my roommates and she's a neat freak as far as I can tell. I've been sitting here listening to her clean since I got here about an hour ago. She even called the student housekeeping to have them vacuum our rooms and clean our bathrooms. As far as I can tell everything looked pretty clean but then again it hasn't been that long since I lived in a dorm and maybe my level of clean is not as high as other peoples. Regardless of that fact, I think she went out and bought all her own cleaning supplies to clean up all the surfaces and pots and pans. I think she also brought her own ironing board. I'd love to know where she's from and how in the world she brought all this stuff here. This is going to be an interesting week.
This weekend husband and I took a mini vacation to visit NH and our friends house in Maine. The place we stayed in in NH was tiny. I'm all of 5'3 and husband is 5'10 and he almost touched the ceiling. The cottage we stayed in was maybe 6' tall. Thankfully it was only one night otherwise I may have gotten claustrophobic. Also the bed was a full and we are used to sleeping in a queen at home so it was a little tight. Maine was a lot of fun though. 14 of us crammed into my friends tiny little 3 bedroom cabin from Friday until today. There was beaching, hanging out, drinking and generally having a good time. All the meals were at home so it was a pretty inexpensive weekend unless you count the tolls. I feel refreshed for this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment