Husbands are a funny sort of thing. They drive us crazy but at the same time, we do love them. I know my husband can drive me a little batty sometimes. For as many decisions as he is able to make throughout the day, he still wants me to go shopping with him to buy clothing and shoes. I have yet to figure out why he needs my opinion on the matter but I grumble and go...most of the time. We got into a small spat earlier this week because I wanted to stay home and dry my hair and he wanted me to go shopping for shoes with him. Thinking about it now, I realize how ridiculous this sounds so I know I can drive him just as crazy.
We rotate our mattress every 6 months because of something he read online. This is something I never did before. Also, how do you make your bed? He insists that sleeping with the pattern side down is the way to go because it's softer. I think he's weird but again, it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things so I just let it go. However, I win when it comes with watching tv most nights :-)
He's currently away and I hate it. I'm no good on my own, I've never really had to deal with it. We've been together for almost 10 years now so it's been awhile since it was just me. And the thing is, I live on the busiest street in town. At any given time, someone is driving by. I also have a very long driveway. As someone once told me, you'd have to be really determined to want to break in. Still though, I think there should be rental guard dogs. Last night I left on all the outside lights...like I could see them come on should anyone approach once I go to bed.
Also, have I mentioned that I'm just a little bit strange? We've been together for nearly 10 years and I am still uncomfortable asking him for money when I need it. I suppose it's a reason to add as to why we should just combine everything because at the end of the day, it is "our" household and we both work for "our" family. And he has never given me any grief when I need something from him.
As much as I like having the full control of the remote for a few days and being able to make whatever I want for dinner (he doesn't like certain meals that I love), I can't wait for him to be home.
How sweet! And I know what you mean - whenever I'm home alone I'm convinced someone's going to break in and kill me!
ReplyDelete