Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco de Mayo

Yesterday we went to a Cinco de Mayo party at a friend's house. Instead of my usual salsa rollups that I make for just about every party, I made Mexican wedding cookies which were quite tasty. Of course when you combine 2 sticks of butter and sugar together, it's bound to taste good. They were also covered in sugar after baking as well.

This morning I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast while I watched Hart of Dixie. I may not be southern, but I can eat southern for breakfast. The biscuits aren't homemade but the gravy is. There's nothing like a lazy Sunday morning to start the day off right.

Dispite the fact that my husband and I have been married for nearly 4 years now, we don't have any wedding pictures of us out anywhere. I think that's going to be my goal for this month. I have the CD of all the images and I have a couple nice picture frames I could be using but I haven't printed them. Pictures of friends and family just seem to make a house warmer. I think I may just have to upload them to CVS and get it done. 

That's one goal and the second is to finally get a second bookshelf in our spare bedroom. Even when we have kids, that bed room is big enough to keep the extra bed and both bookshelves and make a nursery. Our second floor is just two bedrooms and a bathroom. I'd been wanting to take on the book shelves and a DIY project but considering the prices I have seen of unfinished bookshelves it may be cheaper to just go looking to Craigslist. Currently I have close to 100 books sitting on the floor next to my bookshelf that is already full. Every time I get a new book it just gets added to the piles. And no the solution isn't to get rid of the books ;-)



1 comment:

  1. After P was born I swapped a bunch of our pictures for some baby shots but haven't done anything since! So all the photos of us around the house are with a 3 month old ;)

    ReplyDelete