Friday, May 11, 2012

Roommate?

A friend of ours recently had a fire in his kitchen and needs a place to stay for two months. My husband and I have our spare bedroom, complete with a big closet and plenty of space. He's also offered to pay rent and help with chores. Not that the money is important but we've offered to let him stay with us. I can't decide if we're just really good friends or really stupid.

Out of all our friends, he's the only one I think we could live with. I love my friends but there are some people I just couldn't be with for that long a period of time. Also, with us going on vacation for a week in the summer, I kind of like the idea of having someone here. Plus, like I said, we have the room. I don't know if I'll be cooking dinner for him as well but cooking for one extra adult isn't a huge deal. We told him how much we'd like him to pay us, which really isn't much, but asked that he throw in money for food if he chooses to eat with us.

He hasn't made a decision yet (he might just stay with his girlfriend) and really, two months isn't a huge deal is the grand scheme of things so we'll see. I've only told two or three other people what we've done and the reaction generally is "Really??" with a "look" so for now I'm keeping my mouth shut...except for writing this of course.

1 comment:

  1. that is so nice of yall to offer! yall are good friends :)

    ReplyDelete