Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm tired of being tired

I'm getting tired of being tired all the time. I'm tired of getting home, throwing together a meal when i get home and then just falling into bed at night. I don't have energy and I feel like I just don't get the quality time with my husband that I'd like. My home should be a haven to come home to but sometimes I feel like it's just the place I sleep. Given what I do, I know I'm going to be commuting into the city so I'm going to have an hour commute but even that's better. One of my co-workers compared my commute to a part time job and to be honest she's right. I spend 25 hours a week getting to work. Seeing that is kind of scary. I'm grateful to have a job that provides for us but I will be even more grateful when I have a job a little closer to home. I just have to keep hoping and praying,

My husband laughs at me that I still watch wedding shows when we have been married for over 2 years now. But I really enjoy watching the (sometimes) crazy brides on Say Yes to the Dress.

Last night when I went to pick up dinner the woman next to me was .08 short and was going to have to break another dollar in order to pay. Having my wallet on me, I gave her a dime. It was my little good deed of the day and she was very thankful which made it even better.

Why do ads for period have to be so fancy? I just saw one where the pads looked like they were on vacation with beach umbrellas. And have a happy period? Come on now, really.

I surprised my sister yesterday (in a good way). Her birthday is coming up so I went online to her wishlist, bought something and had it shipped to her house. She had no idea it was coming so when she got home and saw a package on her doorstep she thought she ordered something and just didn't remember. Nope, it was from me! :-). And apparently she had been having a crappy day so the surprise just made it even better. My sister and I's relationship is a work in progress. As we get older and both are in a similar point in life, we have gotten closer. She surprised me last year by making me my niece's godmother. That just meant so much to me.

It's another weekend of working (from home) on Saturday but Sunday is game day and party day so I need to get ready for that later today! 

2 comments:

  1. I stopped by your blog today. Oprah did a show on happiness last week and one of her guests said that you should never have a long commute. Hope you can find something you love and closer to home.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete