My husband is wonderful, amazing and just plain wonderful.
So Friday was my interview and I left without knowing anything. I emailed my recruiter and she said she would definitely call me on Monday. Monday came and went without hearing anything. So for Valentine's Day I was in a big funk. I had no desire to do anything, celebrate or even cook dinner. All I wanted to do was curl up and go to bed. I had no appetite and just wanted the day to be over. Instead, my husband just let me curl up on him and essential sulk. He didn't complain, didn't force me to get out of my bad mood and just offered to make me whatever I wanted for dinner.
Then yesterday, I get The Call. No dice, I didn't get the job. As soon as I walked in the door, he was there to give me a hug and just hold me for a few moments. He made dinner and suggested we get away this weekend since this week has been pretty crappy. So that's what we're doing. It's a three day weekend because of President's Day and we're off to a ski lodge for 3 nights. He snowboards and I am pretty fantastic at sitting in front of a fire with a book or my laptop relaxing. Oh, and I can window shop. I've excited. This is the first vacation we're been on just the two of us since our honeymoon.
Also, going grocery shopping after a holiday that's about sweets is not a good idea when you are hungry...or maybe it is. I have a peanut butter heart, marshmallow hearts and peppermint pattie hearts in our fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment