Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmegdon

That's what they are calling the weather around here. We already had nearly two feet on snow in my yard, we got 4 today and we're expecting anywhere from 10-20" of snow overnight into tomorrow. Work surprised me by telling me I could work from home tomorrow. Yea pjs! Yea Gilmore Girls! That's my idea of a good work day. That and being able to get up from my "desk" anytime I want during the day. I really don't have that luxury at the current moment. I usually have to tell someone when I get up and walk away from my desk so there's phone coverage.

My lovely husband is outside snowblowing the driveway right now. We figured it was a good idea to get the latest layer taken care of now rather than waiting until tomorrow to take care of it all. I'm blessed to have a wonderful husband who takes care of these things.  Although I am starting to wonder where the snow is going to go. Our mailbox is barely visible at this point. But as long as the mailman can find it, that's all that matters I suppose.

One of my old managers approached me today to let me know he got a phone call from the recruiter I have been working with. I listed him as one of my references. He said he had a good 20 minute conversation with her about me and she seemed really pleased with what he had to say. I wouldn't expect anything less than a glowing review from him but it was still nice to hear. I'm hoping this means I will get a call about an interview soon.*fingers crossed*

We're hosting a Super Bowl party again this year. I have my menu all planned and right now the guest list is up to 12 people. Once I get the official head count I'll actually buy everything. I don't want to make too much food. Last year we had 20 people in my house. I asked one of our friends this weekend if he was coming and he told me he wanted to but because he lives a couple hours away he wanted to see if anyone else from the area was coming so he could carpool. He said he really wanted to come because he likes my cooking. That made my day. There's nothing I like more than entertaining friends and being told that I am a good cook. I don't always get a lot of time to entertain or have friends over for parties so when we do, it's nice to know they like my cooking. My husband has to tell me he likes my cooking lol

No comments:

Post a Comment